Happen to attend a masterclass organised by “Foodhall” @DLF Place, New Delhi. Awesome time spent cooking and tasting Singapore Cuisine and shopping around at the store.
Let me share with you all, the recipes I got to learn in the Masterclass. Hope you will enjoy preparing it as much as I enjoyed. Its super simple and fast to cook. Can be a real treat for you and your loved ones.
Flat Rice Noodles With Fresh Herb
# 1 pack Koka flat rice noodles (soak it in warm water to soften)
# Salt and pepper to taste – Rock salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
# 1 tbsp olive oil
# For herb and olive mix –3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
# 6 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced
# 1/4 cup green olive, thinly sliced
# 4 canned artichokes (bite size pieces)
# 1 cup olive oil
# 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Heat up to non-stick pan and olive oil. Fry the garlic till fragrant.
2. Add flat rice noodles and the rest of the ingredients, lightly toss and fry to 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Season to taste and serve immediately.
Pak chop and Rice Vermicelli Soup
# 1 packet Peacock Brand Brown Rice
# Spaghetti (soak in warm water to soften)
# 3 cups vegetable stock
# 4 nos. pak choy
# 1 tbsp fine sugar
# 300ml boiling water3 tbsp soy source
# 100g white radish, cubed
# 3 nos. red shallot, chopped
# salt & suger to taste
# To garnish – 8 nos. cherry tomatoes, halved, 80g Baby asparagus, blanched
1. Sautee red shallots, white radish in a pan. Add vegetable stock to it.
2. Bring it to a boil and let it boil for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add soy source, sugar pak chop and simmer for few minutes.
4. Season to taste.
5. Add rice spaghetti and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Top with cherry tomatoes, baby asparagus and serve hot.
Basil Pesto With rice Spaghetti And Fish Fillet
# 1 packet Peacock Brand Rice Spaghetti – (soak in warm water to soften)
# 4 to 8 nos. white fish fillet (trim and score a few lines, season with salt & pepper)
# Salt and pepper to taste
# 1 tbsp olive oil
# For Pesto Sauce – 1 cup fresh basil leaf, 1/4 cup fresh parsley, 8 cloves fresh garlic, halved, 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, Rock salt and cracked black pepper to taste, 1 cup good quality olive oil
# To garnish – 2 tbsp toasted almonds, chopped, 2 red radishes, thinly sliced, 8 green olive, sliced, 2 stalks fresh basil leaf
1. Mix all the ingredients for the pesto sauce in the blender. Set aside.
2. Heat up a non-stick and add oil. Fry the fish fillet on all sides till golden and set aside.
3. Put the rice spaghetti and pesto sauce in a work or big pan and lightly fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Serve with the cooked fish fillet.