The Five State Menu has been a great experience in Jom Jom.
In for some authentic Malaysian food, is the the go to place guys! Been there with two of my close friends and had a ball of a time. Beautiful Malaysian influence interior and decor.
Loved the fact that we had to create our own Sambal. All the ingredients are provided and you have mix them up with the help of a postal and mortar.Coming back to food…. they were serving a special menu from five different states of Malaysia.
– Melaka (is a state in Malaysia located in the southern region of the Malay Peninsula)
– Johor (Johore is located in the southern portion of Peninsular Malaysia. It is one of the most developed states of Malaysia)
– Sarawak – (Located in northwest “Borneo Island”, Sarawak is bordered by the Malaysian state of “Sarah” to the northeast, “Kalimantan”, the Indonesian portion of Borneo, to the south, and the independent country of Brunei in the north.)
– Kelantan (Kelantan is a rural state in the northeast of Peninsular Malaysia. Kota Bharu, the riverside capital, is home to royal palaces)
– Penang (Penang is a state in northwest Malaysia comprising mainland Seberang Perai and Penang Island.)
– Dishes I loved –
# Kombia – This dish is from the state of “Sarawak”. It is a Spicy Malaysian lamb sliders with wonderful flavours and juiciness. This appetiser was one of my favourite.
# Sambal Udang Dengan Bola Beras – The was from the state of “Melaka”. A Spicy sambal prawns with steamed rice balls.
# Laksam Kelantan – As the name suggest the dish is from the state of “Kelantan”. Its a Coconut based white laksa (Laksa is a popular spicy noodle soup) with seafood, fresh herbs & house rice noodles roll with homemade chilli paste.
# Ayam Pansuh – Belongs to the state of “Sarawak” , its a chicken dish cooked in its own juices with bamboo shoot and herbs.
# Otak Otak – Belongs to the state of “Johor” its a Steamed Chilli lime flavoured fish cake wrapped in banana leaf with fried onion served with sticky rice cake.
# Laksa Penang – We can recognise from the name that it belongs to the state of Penang and Laksa meaning spicy noodle soup. So it is a seafood base curry soup with zing of Tamarind.
Few More Dishes served were –
# Tauhu Bakar – Crisp silken tofu with shredded cucumber, carrots, chives topped with rojak sauce
# Sarawak Popiah Rolls – Gluten wrappers with Yam, Carrot & curried potatoes.
# Acar Melayu – Sweet spicy Malaysian pickle with nutty sesame flavour served with sticky rice.
# Nasi Kapur Kunyit – Turmeric & lime scented steamed rice. Best served with Ayam, Kambing, Campuran Sayur
₹1,800 for two people
12 Noon to 3:30 PM, 7 PM to 11:30 PM
BG 04, Ansal Plaza, Andrews Ganj, Khel Gaon Marg, New Delhi